Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My first blog post
















My first blog post. What does one write on a first blog post? I guess I'm starting this to let all my friends, far and wide, know what is happening here in the ever-exciting deserts of Afghanistan. :) It's a blazin' hot summer day, and while I'm all swaddled up in my headscarf and long sleeves, I'm dreaming of the cool ocean breezes on the California coast! My twin sister has been visiting me for the month of July, and her blog has entertained scores of you all by her tales of our everyday adventures living on the flip side of the planet. So, that was the impetuous for the beginning of my own blog - seems that everyone likes to hear about the small everyday stuff as much as the big earth-shattering things happening here in Afghanistan! :)

Today's events are not too unusual - I'm trying to get my work visa renewed. When we presented them with all the proper documents, passport and visa - they refused them all and referred us to yet one more ministry office for mysterious reasons. More runaround because we refuse to pay bribes. These kinds of days, frustration can mount like a monstrous tidal wave - but I'm reminded that God is able and He can make it happen. He can and He will. So, I'll take a breath and focus on the joyful fact that I get coffee cake after dinner tonight. Yum. All is well. :)
















My sister and I having dinner at a friends house here in Kabul - we were wearing twin outfits at the request of the host! :)
















Most of my teammates - quality people from around the world!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Stac, good to see you are up and running now you need to just just need to keep adding to it. You have yo pick up where Lisa left off..or you might lose your audience. People are fascinated with where you live and what you life is like,,we never get to see any of the day to day things and scenery here..Keep up the good work..I know you have some super pictures to work with. Love -Mom

Lisa said...

Good job, b,... you've got your first post and your very own blog! Does that mean you're a VIP? Remember that? :) I think so. Even though I just left you this morn in Kabul, it feels like a thousand years - Dubai is lonely without you! Come home on home leave fast - the rest of California is waiting for you - so is Peet's coffee house! :)
love you, b!
b2

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lenchka said...

hey stacy!!! i threw up my arms in the air when i got your blog address from your mom. LOVE the title!!! similar to mine. heee....heee. i am now ruthless trying to convince karen stewart to do the same. yippeee skipy! :) love, helena

Rosa said...

This is going to be great ... being able to see the pictures is the most awesome thing. I still can't figure out how you're getting the time :) Blessings to you!