Some of the the ordinary hero's that I work with.
A week or so we had a team retreat. This is a bi annual retreat that we have to hear from one another and direction for where we are feeling led as a team. It was a tremendouly encouraging time. Even though hard discussions were had...there were times of true openness amongst our staff. Times when all of our shields were lowered allowing us into each others worlds and hearts. I was reminded again that it's not so much about the accomplishments along journey that is important...but who walks with us on that journey, from above or on this earth. And during that time...I was better able to sense the 'heros' that I serve with out here. Ordinary hero's. People who would and do sacrifice with a joyful heart, even admist their tears and my own as well, ...knowing that they might never see the return of it all on this side of heaven.
There is a quote I heard of recently which I really like: The world knows nothing of it's greatest people - Henry Taylor
I think this is true... I work with some of the worlds greatest people in this place. I am truly blessed.
4 comments:
Thanks for sharing. Its good to hear of your gathering together. We love you.
Hi Stacy--so glad to see another blog post from you and hear about your team retreat. Recently saw the Beauty Academy of Kabul documentary so I've been thinking about you! I like the quote :)
take care--Joanna
hey, i took that picture of ordinary hero's!... that you all are. :) so great to hear that you all had another really meaningful retreat. are we going to get to see some great pix of you in turkey?! can't wait to see where you rested for a week!
miss you so much, b!!!
lisa
Happy Birthday Stacy!! I just wanted to say hello and wish you all the best!
Love
Rosa
Post a Comment