Friday, August 3, 2007

She brought Grace


Lisa enjoying the day...laughing :).

The day after my sister left. My room is quiet as usual. And I am not being asked questions all the time by Lisa trying to remember the last Dari word she heard! I smile...but miss her much. You have enjoyed letter upon letter in her blog about our simple, yet fun (a requirement!), outings and time spent together over the last month. With the intensity that these past months have held and continues to hold with security situation here...what I have loved about this month was the presence of someone, specifically my twin, to bring laughter and joy into days that have been difficult. We tried several times to get out of the city to just enjoy the country a bit...but ended up not being able to travel or even recently leave the city. So...instead of being dissapointed....we planned a evening having dinner at a nice hotel that I have seen the inside only a handful of times or a trip to a foreigner pool to cool off from the hot summer. She constantly brought prespective and fun to my days. And even more than that....she brought grace. Grace to enjoy the things that I would normally not consider doing or at least take the time. A trip to the pool. A nice dinner or trip to a store. Time to watch a movie and laugh. During those days...she would look at me and say 'You, if anyone, deserve this!'.

The month is over and she is now gone. But somehow through her time spend here she brought some grace to this place and my life. Grace to extend not only to the people that I have been sent to but also to myself,.. who is one small vehicle of His grace to people here.

Thanks for bringing some grace Lisa. I will miss you.


Enjoying tea, with loads of smiles!, at a local friends house.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

are you TRYING to keep me crying until the moment i land in america?! :) geez, this blog was almost the end of me! it was nothing, as they say there - YOU were the one who brought grace and inspiration into my life. although you are just one small vehicle, you've got some mighty heroic faith! it was my pleasure to join you for a summer of fun - glad to hear you miss my annoying dari questions! whereever you go - there i was also be... for fun visits! i know you would do the same!
love you, b!

matt m. said...

great stuff, stacy. so glad lisa could visit and bring some joy to you and others there. Keep up the bloggin'!

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacy! I'm glad you're doing a blog too--it's been so interesting to read about Lisa's time there with you, and I look forward to reading more about your thoughts and adventures . . .
Joanna

Anonymous said...

finally, the Satellite has a blog! glad you two got to have some good times together... keep writing!

Faith said...

Hey, I am so glad you are now blogging! I look forward to keeping up on your life this way. I loved your sister's blog--I'm glad it inspired you to write.

We're still at our vacation spot--but you're in my thoughts regularly!

Faith